Find Mister Landscaper Drip Irrigation in Southern Living Magazine. Mister Landscaper Micro and Drip Irrigation Drip Irrigation Conserves Water Drip Irrigation is Drought Approved Drip Irrigation eliminates Hand Watering MRL Drip Irrigation is Made in the USA Use Drip Irrigation to Water Your Vegetables

Search the Store

Watering Tips

Micro-Sprinkler and Drip Irrigation Systems Use up to 80% Less Water.

Plant more native-friendly plants and reduce the amount of turf grass in your yard.

Find Mister Landscaper Products at a Lowes Near You

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Mister Landscaper easy to install?

Where can I use my Mister Landscaper system?

How many feet of 1/2 in. Poly Tubing can I run from one faucet?

How much water can I save using a Mister Landscaper system?

How much area does each Mister cover?

How can I avoid spraying my house and sidewalk?

When is the ideal time to water my plants?

How long should I be watering my plants?

What tools will I need to install Mister Landscaper products?

Can I bury the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing under ground or mulch?

How do I run the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing under a sidewalk?

Can I make the Stake Assemblies taller?

Can I move the Stake Assemblies further from the Poly Tubing?

How do I connect the 1/4 in. Vinyl to the 1/2 in. Poly?

Can I connect a Mister Landscaper system to an existing PVC system?

Can I connect a Mister Landscaper system to a rain barrel?

Can I use a Mister Landscaper Timer with a rain barrel?

How many drippers or Micro Sprays can I install?

Can I bury my Drip Tubing?

How often should I check my system?

Do you have a different question? Click here to get help.

Q. Is Mister Landscaper easy to install?
A. Absolutely, yes! It was designed for homeowners, gardeners and landscapers of all skill levels. The products are extremely well made, easy to use, and the directions are clear and uncomplicated. The complete Mister Landscaper Starter Kit can be installed in under 30 minutes! Each of our kits, and all of our products are designed to be very user friendly.

Q. Where can I use my Mister Landscaper system?
A. Mister Landscaper has designed several kits to meet specific watering needs, and has developed an entire line of products that allow for complete customization of any system. Attach Mister Landscaper directly to an outdoor faucet, or use one of our retrofit products to tie into an existing PVC system. With Mister Landscaper, watering landscaped areas, flower beds patio plants, flower boxes, tree rings and vegetable gardens is easier than ever. The only limit is your imagination. Not for INDOOR use.

Q. How many feet of 1/2 in. Poly Tubing can I run from one faucet?
A. With a minimum household water pressure of 40 psi, you can run up to 300 feet of the Mister Landscaper 1/2 in. Poly Tubing from a single outdoor faucet - that's as long as a football field! And from that same line you can connect up to 50 Stake Assemblies for up to a whopping 5500 square feet of coverage. If you would like to find out your current household water pressure, contact your local water company.

Q. How much water can I save using a Mister Landscaper system?
A. Mister Landscaper is dedicated to conserving one of our planets most precious, natural resources, water. Compared to traditional, high volume irrigation, a Mister Landscaper system can use up to 50% less water. Each Stake Assembly is controlled to use only ten gallons per hour. And Drippers only use from one half to two gallons per hour. It just makes sense!

Q. How much area does each Mister cover?
A. Mister Landscaper has developed an entire line of Misters designed to help an individual completely customize a system that works for them. And while we do offer a variety of spray patterns, the average diameter is about four to six feet, and you can use the Mister Valve on the Landscape Stake Assembly to adjust the size and distance of your spray pattern up and down.

Q. How can I avoid spraying my house and sidewalk?
A. There are a variety of Misters available from Mister Landscaper. Some of them are designed for broad, wide-open spaces. Others are specialized for particular applications. When it comes to options, Mister Landscaper has everything from 90 degree corner patterns and 165 degree half circle patterns to center strips ideal for narrow areas. Customizing a system to meet your exact needs is easy with Mister Landscaper.

Q. When is the ideal time to water my plants?
A. Early morning is generally the best time to water. Because water can evaporate more rapidly later in the day, irrigating early allows for its more effective and efficient use.

Q. How long should I be watering my plants?
A. Depending on soil type, climate, season and plant variety, a general recommendation is that you water every other day from thirty to sixty minutes. Take note of how your plants are responding to these cycles and adjust them as needed. Using Mister Landscaper drip and micro-spray irrigation can also help prevent plant damage from over watering.

Q. What tools will I need to install Mister Landscaper products?
A. Beyond your hands, you won't need much at all! In fact, scissors are the only, not included, tool required. You'll use them to cut the 1/2" Poly and 1/4" Vinyl Tubing. If you are connecting Mister Landscaper to an existing PVC system there may be other tools required to deal with the PVC.

Q. Can I bury the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing under ground or mulch?
A. Absolutely! All Mister Landscaper products, including the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing, are made with the highest quality materials and resins. Our Poly will last for years whether on top of the ground, exposed to the elements, covered with mulch, or buried underground. When burying the tubing, we suggest using a lawn edger to make the job easier.

Q. How do I run the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing under a sidewalk?
A. To install the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing under a sidewalk there are several different methods available. The simplest and least expensive of which is to use a garden hose with the water running at full pressure to remove the dirt from under the walkway. Another available method is to drive a length of PVC under the sidewalk. You can, then, simply slide the poly through the pipe. Additionally, boring kits can be purchased at some home centers and hardware retailers.

Q. Can I make the Stake Assemblies taller?
A. Not a problem! Mister Landscaper makes a Stake Extension (the MLS-22) for this very purpose. When added to the Stake Assembly the overall height is increased to more than 18 inches.

Q. Can I move the Stake Assemblies further from the Poly Tubing?
A. Yes you can. Use the black or green Mister Landscaper 1/4 in. Vinyl Tubing to add up to 30 feet of length between a Stake Assembly and the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing.This allows for an incredible amount of flexibility when setting up a system.

Q. How do I connect the 1/4 in. Vinyl to the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing?
A. You simply push the end of the 1/4" Vinyl onto one side of the 1/4" Barbed Couplers. (If you have arthritis and weakened hand strength, no problem just dip the end of the Vinyl into a cup of very warm water until the Vinyl is warm and this will make the installation even easier). Or if you can use the Installation Tool ( MLA-TOOL ) it can be used as leverage to push the Vinyl onto the Coupler.) Next use the Installation Tool ( MLA-TOOL ) or the Punch Tool ( MLA-51 ) to punch a hole in the side of the 1/2" Poly tubing. Take the 1/4" Barb outlet of the Coupler and push it into the punched hole. It is simply a Snap to install!

Q. Can I connect a Mister Landscaper System to an existing PVC System?
A. Yes! You have several options available and a list of our products are under Shop by Category then Retrofit to PVC. One way is to use one of our Fittings MLA-P2P to connect the 1/2" male threads to your existing PVC and then connect 1/2" Poly Tubing to the locking collar side of this fitting and run the poly through your landscapes attaching either our Micro Stake Assemblies or Drippers. Or use our MLA-P2HTE to connect the1/2" male threads to your existing PVC and then attaching one for our Pressure Regulators MLA-58 for Micro Sprinklers or MLD-25PR for Drippers, then using our 1/2" Poly Faucet Fitting MLF-33 to attach to the Pressure Regulator and then connect and run the 1/2' Poly Tubing along your landscapes and gardens. The other options would be to remove sprinklers spray heads from their PVC riser and replace with one of our PVC adapters that you can attach either Micro Sprinkler Stake Assemblies and/or Drippers.

Q. Can I connect a Mister Landscaper System to a rain barrel?
A. Yes, you can but... If you want to use Mister Landscaper with a rain barrel, we suggest several things: 1) Raise the barrel off the ground three to four feet. 2) Do not use Stake Assemblies. Connect Misters directly into the 1/2 in. Poly Tubing. You will not get a spray pattern using a rain barrel, but we recommend Misters instead if Drippers because of the lack of pressure. Water will flow more easily out of the larger orifices of the Misters. 3) Run no more than 100 feet of 1/2 in. Poly Tubing. Pressure beyond this point would likely be too little.

Q. Can I use a Mister Landscaper Timer with a rain barrel?
A. Unfortunately, no. There is simply not enough pressure to force water through the Timer.

Q. Can I bury my Drip Tubing?
A. Unfortunately, No.  Dirt and roots of plants will clog the drippers. It also can become compressed over time causing reduced water flow to your system.

Q. How often should I check my system?
A. It is recommened every 1-2 weeks.  Like with any other irrigation system, you will want to inspect it on a regular basis.

Do you have a different question? Click here to get help.

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Special Offers
Sign up today to receive exciting offers and news. Enter your e-mail address below:

Ask Splash