Correctly Installing Drippers

Houston, we have a problem.

Recently, we've been getting questions about the .5, 1, and 2 gph Drippers. It seems there is some confusion over which end is installed in the 1/2" Poly and 1/4" Vinyl Tubing. Understandably, the mix-up does happen - both ends do have holes after all.

But that said, let's see if we can't clear up the confusion.

All of the Mister Landscaper Drippers - whether the aforementioned or not - have one thing in common: It's what we refer to as a barb. The barb is pointed, generally has a smaller orifice than the actual outlet, and has a ridge or rim that holds the Dripper in the Tubing and prevents it from blowing out (see inset). The barbed end of a Dripper is always the end that gets installed in the tubing. Once you know what to look for, it's easy to spot.

Drippers can be hugely beneficial in creating an effective irrigation system. Unfortunately, they only work one way.

Happy irrigating!



Leave your comment